Old Age Pensioners Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 10, 2020, 08:19:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
m3t internet
Home Help Search Login Register
Old Age Pensioners Forum  |  Public  |  Duck Pond (Moderators: Buspass, milou)  |  "greetings from OAP" :) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "greetings from OAP" :)  (Read 34069 times)
Bartman
« on: February 28, 2004, 04:58:57 AM »

I more or less randomly I stumbled upon your chan tonight (tried a few variations on our name), and I thought I'd say hi!

I'm from the OAP clan that plays Tactical Ops. A small introduction:

We're originally a TO clan (and still very actively playing that, for those of you who don't know: it's a mod for the original UT that is comparable to counterstrike) but for the past year we've been looking for an alt game to pursue as a clan. 2k4 Onslaught is one game that got many of our members hooked, CoD is another. (we've also got some MIA members in Planetside apparently). We're mainly a UK based clan, but we've got a few non UK members (one of which is me, I'm dutch).

Anyway, as we've apparently already got our first 2k4 onslaught friendly lined up, maybe we could arrange a friendly with you lot in a month or so MrGreen
Nothing serious of course, as we don't have any real team experience in that - as our motto says: "come kill us before we die of old age" Smile

PS. our main chan is #oapclan on gamesurge, though we recently (as in earlier tonight lol) aquired #oapclan on quakenet.
webby: http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
forums: http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/forum/
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 11:33:18 AM »

Yeah i've seen you knocking around the TO servers, but i've not played for a while.

Nice of you to pop by anyway, i'm sure the guys will be interested in a game Wink
Vi^
Administrator
500+ Skilled

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 02:17:57 PM »

ello

We have known about you guys since the day ur clan was born, and always happy that we have fellow oldies playing other gametypes.

We are gearing up for 2k4, as we did for 2k3 (shame it sux). Im kinda worried that you are also entering the 2k4 scene. There is going to be loads of confusion over what OAP is what.

Im not sure on a solution to this, but you can see where im coming from i hope Smile

Bartman
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 04:01:50 PM »

Indeed, not sure how to handle that. We're still interested the most in the 2k3/2k4 mods that are considered TO successors (Frag.Ops, DoMaiN), but as they're both considered to be in alpha stage they have a really small playerbase atm, and Onslaught has been mature from the day it was released. We're hoping the official release of 2k4 will result in an influx of players for those mods, and hopefully they'll advance into beta stage this year.
[OAP]Tyf
:D
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004, 05:49:24 PM »

Lo bartman,

Greetings back m8!

/me was just wondering perhaps when the OA Players are old enough, they can join OA Pensioners? Wink

LOL!

T
riz
OAP Member
50+ Multi Kill

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004, 02:30:11 PM »

Quote from: "Vi^"

There is going to be loads of confusion over what OAP is what.

Confusion already happens -
was playing on a pub server with OAP tags on,  other OAP was on server too, didnt catch his name , but demands remove the tag or esle!! that was hallarious, apparantly i am to be banned from jolt servers too cuz" Jolt admins r his mates "
 Little education  in OAP TacOps clan wouldnt hurt :LOL:

Vi^
Administrator
500+ Skilled

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2004, 07:23:59 PM »

hm not good Cry

Also this is not good at all

[18:28] Topic: ][ Welcome to the Old Age Players gazebo 2][ Our home is past the pond, in #OAPclan on GameSurge! Come visit us 2][

We have had the Duck Pond as our public forum since the start. It was named after the water in CTF-November  originally our favourite map.

Bartman
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2004, 07:33:55 PM »

Now I know why the word 'pond' was in my head. Anyway, I'll adapt it a bit, try to put in tac ops somewhere.

*EDIT*

nm, L seems to have trouble retaining topics, so it's gone completely.
Square-HeX
100+ Experienced

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2004, 07:35:23 PM »

i play TO with my own clan,
and the public OAP-server is one of my favs!
also [OAP]Gr1m was responsible for
the banning of one of my members @ cb
[though very unfair i must add]

i actually thought, you guys knew from each other for a long time,
i've known the TO-version of OAP before i even joined the UT-squad!
some friends of mine, todl me the clans have
nothing to do with each other...
and i kinda figured they never would...
if we would go & play the same game [UT2k4]
that could b quite a problem...

one solution [though not a very good one]
is to join forces & team up together...
though i'm never a big fan of merges,
it is one of our options...

a.k.a. Ex-[OAP]Mammoth
Vi^
Administrator
500+ Skilled

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2004, 07:45:52 PM »

I guess im sounding a little hostile, i dont mean to be.

BUT

Myself & many others have poured 4 years of our life into this clan. We have a great reputation in UT & UT2003. I know you have a good rep also, but both playing the same gametypes is going to be trouble i can see it happening Cry

Bartman
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2004, 08:26:27 PM »

You do indeed sound a little hostile, but I do understand your position on this. As I said in IRC, we're considering altering our tag for 2k4, should we want to play onslaught as a clan Smile

PS. I don't think any one of us has used the OAP tag in onslaught yet, so I assume there's another OAP clan out there.
Vi^
Administrator
500+ Skilled

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2004, 11:22:09 PM »

Must be that Monday feeling im having  soz Ban

[OAP]Assassin is the only non UT OAP that ive seen playing ONS so far and had np with him/her at all. As long as both sets of members realise that there are atleast 2 OAP's limping throughout the Unreal scene we can avoid the above. There are enough gametypes/mods, and like you guys are waiting for a decent decendent of TO we are with iCTF. ONS has brought us into the same arena for the 1st time, going to be interesting how it turns out.

grey
Trustee
100+ Experienced

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2004, 11:26:44 PM »

Fook another OAP clan in 2k4 would be a nightmare tho diddnt soltec play for both us and the other OAP in TO ?

[OAP]Tyf
Yep
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2004, 11:44:37 PM »

That is something I can remember as well gwey! BigGrin

Never a prob back then though, but the exact same game is prolly going to be as riz already showed... (there's more than 2 OAP clans on cb btw though... :^\ ).

[PlaYeRS] <<< that any good? :^D BigGrin

]OAPee-ers[ Tongue MrGreen, hehe, just j/k Bartman, hehe!

Hope we can sort something out though seriously, cause having 2 nice clans with the same name, is not the best way to go me feels! Frown

Tyf

BigGrin
Square-HeX
100+ Experienced

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2004, 04:15:39 PM »

the huge advantage we have in this situation,
is we're all old and adult people [except for riz]
so we're gonna talk his out nice & easy!
[as long as riz don't talk :P]

a.k.a. Ex-[OAP]Mammoth
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: